Skip to main content

My Holy Grails

Hear my thoughts on my all time favorite products and why!


Today I'll be discussing my holy grail makeup products. I do not have a full face of holy grails but I will come out with a full face in future time. I am so excited to share these with you and if you purchase any of these from my suggestions, let me know! Now let's get into it

TARTE SHAPE TAPE CONCEALER

I was on the hunt for a good brightening and full coverage concealer after the Too Faced concealer in "fair" wasn't cutting it for me. I finally treated myself to this after months of drooling over it. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. I do 3 dots in a triangular shape and blend with a beauty blender. It's so brightening and conceals my troubled dark circles. It is exclusive to Ulta, but can be found on Tarte's website if you are wanting to purchase it!


IT COSMETICS BYE BYE PORES PRESSED POWDER

I live, swear, and die by this powder. I bought mine off of QVC at the time, and they did a bundle that included a brush to go with it, and FYI, it's a smokin' deal. This setting powder does what it say's it going to do, say "bye bye" to your pores. It literally makes me look photoshopped in real life. Every time someone asks me about my favorite setting powder, I always say it's the Bye Bye Pores Pressed Powder. It's so SOFT and SMOOTH. If you're not into a pressed setting powder and like to bake your face, they do have a loose powder that is about $5 cheaper. Both powders can be found on IT Cosmetic's website and at Ulta. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT   


ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS MODERN RENAISSANCE EYESHADOW PALETTE


You've probably seen this a thousand times but this is one of the BEST eyeshadow palettes out there. Warm tones are very flattering on my neutral toned skin with my blue eyes and dark hair. When I swatched this product, I knew it was going to be a palette that would cater to my complexion and any type of look I wanted to achieve. The palette has some fallout with their matte shades but fallout just means it is so finely milled down, making it more blendable. If you research into how much work is put into their matte shadows, you can definitely tell how much work gets put into them once you apply it to your face. The Modern Renaissance Palette can be found on their website, Ulta, and Sephora.


LANCOME GRANDIOSE WIDE-ANGLE FAN EFFECT MASCARA

About 2 years ago, my mother got me this for Christmas at Macy's and I can't put this down. I bought the Benefit Roller Lash, and that's a good mascara, but the Grandiose is just too good. I have very thick and long lashes and they have a tendency to sag a bit and this is able to hold my lashes, give them length and some volume. It is on the pricier side at $32 USD but in my opinion, it's worth it. The angled wand helps you get into your inner lash area and get a flawless lower lash. It can be found at Sephora and Ulta


TARTELETTE IN BLOOM EYESHADOW PALETTE

This palette is simply STUNNING. Every single shade in the palette is buttery and so creamy, and if I didn't mentioned, they are pigmented. The glittery shades are the exact same way and I mean it. In my opinion, this is the perfect natural palette. The package is sturdy enough to travel and it's so sleek. I am not someone who stresses over packaging but I figured it needed to be included. This palette can be found on Tarte's website, Ulta, and Sephora!


Overall, these have been my ride or dies for quite some time and won't be going anywhere! I've repurchased 2 out of the 5 products mentioned because they're that good. I would not lie to you, these products are exceptional. If you're new to makeup and are looking for good products to use, I recommend 2 things to you: Invest in good makeup and invest in good brushes. I like to get IT Cosmetic Brush Sets, they're so soft, they feel great on the face, and you will not be disappointed whatsoever! 

Disclaimer: I do not own the photos used above and I am in no way trying to claim they are mine




Be sure to subscribe to my blog, you will receive an email notification every time I post to my blog!

Instagram: @glammunition (and turn on post notifications so you never miss a post)



Question of the Post: What are your all time holy grail products and why?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sephora vs Ulta: Which Do I Prefer?

Read about my input as to which I prefer and why! Chances are, if you live by a Sephora, you live by an Ulta.  The two stores are quite similar when it comes down to what they offer: a wide option of makeup brands that vary in price to tailor to your needs. However, if you've been in both store before, you notice the obvious differences. LOCATION Starting off with location, Sephora's are typically in a mall (or at least every one I've been in is) and it's lethal to my bank account. My Sephora is located right across from the Starbucks and the Chick-fil-a in the center of the mall and it stares at me every time I walk by, and of course I walk in. There's only one Sephora in the Oklahoma City Metro, making it very crowded. I try to avoid the magnetic pull of Sephora when it's the weekend because my feet are always getting stepped on by people or getting rolled over by a baby stroller. It's inconvenient in my opinion and bothers me during my shoppin

My Thoughts: Beauty Reviews in the Beauty Community

I'll be discussing what I think about makeup reviews within the beauty community and my advice for product research! Makeup is truly a wonderful thing because one product doesn't work out well for one person but is another person's "holy grail" product. Once that person has a response to a product, some will review them (like me) to an audience on social media on whether it was good or not.  People do this to create a rating balance for a product because real people  want to know if a product is worth it or not. What I mean by "rating balance" is the ability to review every feature of a product from poor to exceptional fairly and getting an average star rating of it. People want to know if the quality is good, if the pigmentation is there, if it's travel friendly, so on and so forth.  My current makeup collection. I've researched numerous of reviews before purchasing the products I've bought! I think for some time, a lot of p

My Thoughts: Too Faced

Hear my thoughts on whether I think Too Faced is overdone with some of their products or is overdue for some new products! Too Faced is a widely known for their child-like makeup with chocolately and other candy-like scents that take you back to the days you used clear anything flavored Lip Smackers gloss as a little girl. Too Faced swiftly became famous for it's Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, as they blended beautifully into the skin and gave you a sunkissed glow while smelling delicious. The rest is history. Now we reflect on the very successful brand in present day. Chocolate Bar Palettes, Chocolate Bon Bon Palette, Melted Chocolate Lipsticks, Sweet Peach Palette, you name a food and the palette will probably smell like it. Certainly their iconic scents have reeled in a lot of consumers to buy their products because they offer something more unique than the rest of the brands out there. But let's talk about the products. The original Chocolate Bar Palette dropped in