Skip to main content

My Thoughts: Too Faced Peaches and Cream Collection

I have had some interesting thoughts about Too Faced in the past. Hear my thoughts on the brand new, Sephora exclusive, Peaches and Cream Collection!


Recently, I got to purchase some of the products from the Too Faced Peaches and Cream Collection. The entire collection is a Sephora exclusive collection for those that are curious. I was able to get my hands on 2 products out of the collection but did get swatch some of the products. In this post, I'll be discussing everything from the actual product to how Sephora has handled the launched. Keeping that in mind, let's jump right in!


THE PRODUCT ITSELF

Just Peachy Velvet Matte Eyeshadow Palette: This palette retails for $45 USD and features 12 matte, peachy toned eyeshadows. For the price of the palette and the amount of shades in the palette, comparing it to the Sweet Peach Palette (which has 18 shades), $45 almost seems like too much. If it was $40, that'd be a more acceptable price point for me. The shadows itself are actually fairly soft and velvety. Some of the darker shades were not as velvety and creamy but they weren't so dry. I feel like these shadows aren't super pigmented but they are definitely buildable! This would be a nice palette for beginners wanting to dabble into color. This would be a nice eyeshadow palette to have gifted to me but I don't think I'd buy it myself. I did swatch it in the Sephora store though! 

These are one swipe swatches (that I had to do quickly so the workers wouldn't get suspicious) I did in store.
My skin tone is light. The shadows are not super pigmented but definitely buildable!
Sweetie Pie Radiant Matte Bronzer: I love the feeling of this bronzer. It's so soft and so flattering for my light skin with out look so orangey and muddy. Sadly, I did not buy this bronzer (but I plan on it soon). It has a bit of glitter when applying but I think that once you apply it to the face with a brush, the specks of glitter will fly off and you'll be left with a radiant, bronzy glow. Blending a touch of highlight, a flattering pink shade, and the actual bronzing shade looks so beautiful and natural on the skin. I really liked the bronzer!

Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation: I have some issues with Too Faced's color range when it comes down to concealers and foundations. It always comes out looking orange. I swatched the shade Porcelain, which is fair with rosy undertones. I am light with neutral undertones and I kinda just grabbed whatever could've matched me (making me Light Beige). I am 5-6 shades in the range of shades, which almost seems unrealistic because there are 12 shades. I always go lighter when purchasing liquid face products from Too Faced because they are so orangey and oxidize terribly. Porcelain was orange on me and looked so dark. It oxidized fairly quick on my hand. The foundation overall was a flop.

ft. Mr. Glammunition's legs 
Melting Powder Blush, Highlight, and Bronzer: I LOVED the wide variety of blushes offered. They were so pretty and looks so good. You can build them up or sheer them out and flatter all skin types. Sadly, I did not photograph a swatch of the Melting Powder products but take my word for it, they looked good. I did not get to swatch the bronzer, as it was M.I.A. on the display area. The highlight was a very natural highlight, nothing too crazy or blinding, but still very flattering and glowy. It's definitely a highlight that my mother would enjoy because it's not 100% glitter. 

Primed and Peachy Primer and Peach Mist Matifying Spray: Starting off with the primer, it is amazing. It is definitely not like the Hangover Primer when it comes down to ingredients, finish, and its beneficial properties. The peach and fig extracts in the primer leave the skin feeling super soft and even. Though it's a mattifying primer, my mother, who has dry skin, says her skin is not thirsty for hydration but also feels and looks good on the skin. The setting spray is pretty nice to but I did not purchase it. The sprayer doesn't seem to be super aggressive and sprays pretty finely. Since I did not buy it, I cannot review the longevity of my makeup due to the sprayer but I do recommend looking at the reviews online!

Peach Blur Translucent Powder: I also purchased this product at Sephora and I like it a lot. It looks peachy pink in the pan but it is translucent. It has a nice blurring effect but also adds a sheen to the face that gives you a healthy glow. It definitely gets the job done but making you look good while doing it! It's not like "game changing" setting powder but it's something that would be handy to keep around if you start getting shiny. I would recommend this as a great on the go product!

Peach Kiss Moisture Matte Lipstick: When I went to my local Sephora, the lipsticks were at the bottom of a side aisle self where the rest of the collection was. I'll discuss all of that later. I did get the opportunity to check these out in store sadly. I would recommend looking online and reading the reviews. Some people really like the colors and find it's easy to apply while others hate the smell and thought it was too drying. There are more good reviews on the product than bad but it's still worth doing the research!


HOW THE COLLECTION WAS HANDLED BY SEPHORA

Luckily, the collection was launched on time, unlike the Moschino x Sephora Collection. This launch was a lot smoother, maybe because it wasn't Sephora producing the makeup. This collection had been in the works for a long time and the eyeshadow palette was sneak peaked months and months ago. However, my local Sephora had issues. My Sephora store is not as large as others and doesn't carry all the brands that are offered online. There was no room for this collection to be added into its existing Too Faced area, so it went on the side of the aisle where there is little to no room. I am a solid 5 foot 2 inches and I didn't even noticed the lipsticks on the very bottom of the shelf. I guess my local Sephora wasn't even delivered all the lipstick shades in the collection. I honestly don't know why but they just weren't. When I went back again, it still seemed to have the same selection that was there the previous weekend. I personally don't like my Sephora that much and wish there was more room, but that's out of my control.


PACKAGING


Honestly, Too Faced stepped it up on packaging! It feels so luxurious and classy. It's so cute but doesn't scream "little kid" makeup. The pressed design on the blur powder was so pretty that I didn't even want to touch it. It was all so well put together, making it a great selling point for the company. For all those packaging lovers out there, look at your own risk because you might be willing to pay a pretty penny for the whole collection. It's STUNNING.


SCENT

Personally, I love the scent of peach. The addition of fig was a nice compliment to the peachy scent while adding more beneficial properties to the product itself. Everyone might not appreciate the scent, some may think it's too strong. Me personally, I like the scent but I am only one person out of many.


OVERALL

The products I've tried out so far aren't bad. I love the primer; it makes my skin super soft without completely drying it out. The blur powder isn't anything too special but it's great to take on the go for going out, traveling, school, so on. I didn't like the color range for the Peachy Matte Foundation, it looked really orange on my fair-to-light skin. The eyeshadow palette wasn't to die for but it was definitely cute and a great palette to gift someone this upcoming holiday season. I wish I had infinite funds to purchase and test, but I don't.



ON A PERSONAL NOTE

I try my best to provide honest reviews by doing my research, testing out in store, and hopefully purchasing the products for the review. I don't get PR (and I am fine with that) from companies to review but you guys really like how detailed my reviews are, though I do not own the product or whole collection. I bust my booty to be as thorough as I can and I hope that shows in my work. You guys rock and thank you for all your love and support!

~ Glammunition




Be sure to subscribe to my blog, you will receive an email notification every time I post to my blog!

Instagram: @glammunition and @glammunition.lnl (and turn on post notifications so you never miss a post)



Question of the Post: What are your thoughts on the collection?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sephora vs Ulta: Which Do I Prefer?

Read about my input as to which I prefer and why! Chances are, if you live by a Sephora, you live by an Ulta.  The two stores are quite similar when it comes down to what they offer: a wide option of makeup brands that vary in price to tailor to your needs. However, if you've been in both store before, you notice the obvious differences. LOCATION Starting off with location, Sephora's are typically in a mall (or at least every one I've been in is) and it's lethal to my bank account. My Sephora is located right across from the Starbucks and the Chick-fil-a in the center of the mall and it stares at me every time I walk by, and of course I walk in. There's only one Sephora in the Oklahoma City Metro, making it very crowded. I try to avoid the magnetic pull of Sephora when it's the weekend because my feet are always getting stepped on by people or getting rolled over by a baby stroller. It's inconvenient in my opinion and bothers me during my shoppin

My Thoughts: Beauty Reviews in the Beauty Community

I'll be discussing what I think about makeup reviews within the beauty community and my advice for product research! Makeup is truly a wonderful thing because one product doesn't work out well for one person but is another person's "holy grail" product. Once that person has a response to a product, some will review them (like me) to an audience on social media on whether it was good or not.  People do this to create a rating balance for a product because real people  want to know if a product is worth it or not. What I mean by "rating balance" is the ability to review every feature of a product from poor to exceptional fairly and getting an average star rating of it. People want to know if the quality is good, if the pigmentation is there, if it's travel friendly, so on and so forth.  My current makeup collection. I've researched numerous of reviews before purchasing the products I've bought! I think for some time, a lot of p

My Thoughts: Too Faced

Hear my thoughts on whether I think Too Faced is overdone with some of their products or is overdue for some new products! Too Faced is a widely known for their child-like makeup with chocolately and other candy-like scents that take you back to the days you used clear anything flavored Lip Smackers gloss as a little girl. Too Faced swiftly became famous for it's Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, as they blended beautifully into the skin and gave you a sunkissed glow while smelling delicious. The rest is history. Now we reflect on the very successful brand in present day. Chocolate Bar Palettes, Chocolate Bon Bon Palette, Melted Chocolate Lipsticks, Sweet Peach Palette, you name a food and the palette will probably smell like it. Certainly their iconic scents have reeled in a lot of consumers to buy their products because they offer something more unique than the rest of the brands out there. But let's talk about the products. The original Chocolate Bar Palette dropped in