Skip to main content

Black Friday Haul 2017

Check out what I purchased this Black Friday and my shopping experience!


The most wonderful time of the shopping year: Black Friday Weekend. My bank account is not happy with me, but I am quite content with what I purchased! I will be going over my experience, what I got, and I will do a follow up blog post with products that worked and didn't really work out for me. I've already tried out some of these products though but I won't spoil any of the details (yet). Enjoy browsing through my haul!




Overall, everything in the photo above was what I purchased, except the NYX Advent Calendar (which Mr. Glammunition got for me on Black Friday). I really do like everything I got but I will still do a My Thoughts over the whole haul. I won't go into depth about my opinion of the products but more of an overview of the product's details. 


NYX LIPPIE COUNTDOWN


On Black Friday, this advent calendar, containing 24 mini lippies, was on sale for $30 USD. The price went back up after Black Friday and this pretty little thing is gonna cost you $65 USD. This calendar has every NYX formula inside. There are 4 matte lipsticks, 4 Lip Lingeries, 3 Butter Glosses, 3 Butter Lipsticks, 3 Liquid Suedes, 3 Soft Matte Lip Creams, 2 Intense Butter Glosses, a Simply Red Lip Cream, and finally a Simply Vampy Lip Cream. There's so much variety in here and so many shades that may have been a little sketchy to you but actually look amazing on you. You might find your new favorite lip shade in here honestly. 


TARTE PARK AVE. PRINCESS CHISEL PALETTE 


After talking about this in my Holiday Gift Guide, I had to get it! I love the Tarteist Pro Contour Palette and I just know I am going to love this. The formula of Tarte bronzers and contour shades are spectacular. There are 2 highlighting/defining shades and 4 contour/bronzing shades to chose from. This is probably a great palette for makeup artists because there's so much variety between the shades and the packaging is pretty sturdy. I can't wait to play around with this palette and get chiseled af.


ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS MINI LIQUID LIPSTICK SET


This triumphus trio of these (decently sized) mini liquid lipsticks is only $25 and has 3 very universal shades. The shades (left to right of the photo) are Dazed, Bittersweet, and Hudson. They are shades unique to the full size liquid lips. I've swatched these on my hands and lips and I have to say, they are pigmented, not patchy, and look really good on my pasty white skin. Again, I can't wait to mess around with these lip colors more often!


TOO FACED MELTED LATEX LIQUIFIED HIGH SHINE LIPSTICK

 

I got the Too Faced Melted Latex Liquid Lipstick in the shade Peekaboo (which is a smidge too light on me). It smells like strawberries and I love it! It's definitely not a gloss though; it's a shiny liquid lip like it says. Once you apply it, you cannot lick it off/take it off as easily as a regular gloss. The formula of the shiny liquid lip may not be appealing to some but I personally don't mind it. This baby was on sale for $10 though so I figured "why not". 


TOO FACED GLITTER GLUE


I honestly got this for my Huda Beauty Desert Dusk glitter shadows. I heard this was pretty good and I can't wait to try this out and test it's longevity. Sadly, it was not on sale but I wanted to try this out anyways. 


NYX COSMETICS LIQUID LIP LINGERIE LIP TRIO

 

These colors are very pretty, universal shades. This trio was a nice little deal and I enjoy the Liquid Lingerie formula. From left to right on the photo above, the shades are Teddy, Push-Up, and Lace Gloves. These are great nude shades, and did I mention, they're full sized! These are great little stocking stuffers for the lipstick junkies in your life. I'm super excited to play around with these shades and review them for you guys!


NYX COSMETICS GLITTER GOALS SET


This set is great for people like me. I am new to glitter and have been wanting to experiment with glitter. This little set that costs $15 as well, and comes with 3 different colors of glitter and a mini NYX glitter primer. These little glitters are super pretty but I don't want to spoil too much before the review. 


L.A. GIRL PROCONCEAL


For the price and all the raving reviews, I had to get this concealer. For some reason, my local Ulta doesn't have these concealers but when I was shopping at the Ulta in Arizona, these were conveniently placed for me to get. The price of like $4.99 is spectacular, so I had to try it. I might do a separate post for this concealer or include a mini review in a different post; we shall see.


ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS SUGAR GLOW KIT

 

Last but not least, the ABH Sugar Glow Kit. I know there've been plenty of reviews on this highlighting palette but I still want to put out my input on this palette. Sadly, this wasn't on sale unlike the Aurora and Moonchild highlighting palettes but I still had to pick this up. When I originally went by the ABH section in Ulta, this wasn't here and I was lowkey pretty disappointed but wasn't devastated. However, I went by again and I saw the last one sitting up there and I took it. The formula of all the ABH highlighters are on par which was another pulling factor into me getting this. I love the colors in this palette and I can't wait to bring you a whole review on this bad boy.


MY EXPERIENCE WHILE SHOPPING

Honestly, I didn't need anything special from the big department stores, like Kohl's or Dillards, so I went to Ulta first. We got there early because my family insisted the doors opened at 5 o'clock. As a result of that, we were like the 3rd group of people in line. I went to the Ulta in Casa Grande, Arizona. The staff were really nice, they weren't rude, but you could tell they were a little overwhelmed (and I don't blame them). Ulta was busy but it wasn't like people were being aggressive or anything. Everyone just grabbed what they wanted and moved on. 

BUT OH MY GOSH, THE NEW SECURITY TAGS. Those things were a little pain in my booty. Not all Ulta's have them, like the one I typically go to in Oklahoma, but that's probably because they don't have a huge issue with theft. The other Ulta that's in the city that I go to, the security tags are everywhere because the location of the Ulta is more prone to theft.

Image result for ulta security tags
*not my photo* These are what the security tags look like if you're unfamiliar

With these security tags, they beep when the tag is being pulled off. For my case, while I was shopping, the tag was still attached to the Park Ave. Princess palette but it wasn't as attached to the box (but it wasn't going to just fall off in the blink of an eye) so it would just beep forever and ever. One of the workers took mine away from, resulting in me having to go grab a new one, then that one started to beep as well. I eventually figured out what was causing it to beep and I had to firmly press the security tag to prevent from another one getting taken away from me. It was like this for a lot of shoppers and it was just annoying. I understand the purpose but these things beep if the seal of the sticker back of the beeper slightly comes off the box. Not a fan.


OVERALL 

I am thrilled with what I got. My experience was pretty good while shopping. The employees were overwhelmed but still put on a nice, friendly attitude on one of the most chaotic shopping days of the entire year. I wish there was a store wide discount, like 20% off, but I am not too mad that there wasn't. There were nice stocking stuffer gifts for anyone and everyone that were reasonably priced. I have no complaints, other than those beeping security tags that will haunt me in my nightmares. Thank you for browsing through my haul




Be sure to subscribe to my blog, you will receive an email notification every time I post to my blog!

Instagram: @glammunition and @glammunition.lnl (and turn on post notifications so you never miss a post)



Question of the Post: What did you get if you went Black Friday shopping?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sephora vs Ulta: Which Do I Prefer?

Read about my input as to which I prefer and why! Chances are, if you live by a Sephora, you live by an Ulta.  The two stores are quite similar when it comes down to what they offer: a wide option of makeup brands that vary in price to tailor to your needs. However, if you've been in both store before, you notice the obvious differences. LOCATION Starting off with location, Sephora's are typically in a mall (or at least every one I've been in is) and it's lethal to my bank account. My Sephora is located right across from the Starbucks and the Chick-fil-a in the center of the mall and it stares at me every time I walk by, and of course I walk in. There's only one Sephora in the Oklahoma City Metro, making it very crowded. I try to avoid the magnetic pull of Sephora when it's the weekend because my feet are always getting stepped on by people or getting rolled over by a baby stroller. It's inconvenient in my opinion and bothers me during my shoppin

My Thoughts: Beauty Reviews in the Beauty Community

I'll be discussing what I think about makeup reviews within the beauty community and my advice for product research! Makeup is truly a wonderful thing because one product doesn't work out well for one person but is another person's "holy grail" product. Once that person has a response to a product, some will review them (like me) to an audience on social media on whether it was good or not.  People do this to create a rating balance for a product because real people  want to know if a product is worth it or not. What I mean by "rating balance" is the ability to review every feature of a product from poor to exceptional fairly and getting an average star rating of it. People want to know if the quality is good, if the pigmentation is there, if it's travel friendly, so on and so forth.  My current makeup collection. I've researched numerous of reviews before purchasing the products I've bought! I think for some time, a lot of p

My Thoughts: Too Faced

Hear my thoughts on whether I think Too Faced is overdone with some of their products or is overdue for some new products! Too Faced is a widely known for their child-like makeup with chocolately and other candy-like scents that take you back to the days you used clear anything flavored Lip Smackers gloss as a little girl. Too Faced swiftly became famous for it's Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, as they blended beautifully into the skin and gave you a sunkissed glow while smelling delicious. The rest is history. Now we reflect on the very successful brand in present day. Chocolate Bar Palettes, Chocolate Bon Bon Palette, Melted Chocolate Lipsticks, Sweet Peach Palette, you name a food and the palette will probably smell like it. Certainly their iconic scents have reeled in a lot of consumers to buy their products because they offer something more unique than the rest of the brands out there. But let's talk about the products. The original Chocolate Bar Palette dropped in