Skip to main content

My Thoughts (FINALLY): My Favorite Eyeshadow Palettes + High End Dupes

Finally, the time has come for me to spill the beans on my favorite eyeshadow palettes! I've been working hard and constantly getting new eyeshadow palettes to test out. See who reigns superior!


After months of promising, it's finally here. I will be sharing all my favorite, must have, eyeshadow palettes. From drugstore to high end palette, I will be going over it all! I will be rating these palettes with an overall rating and rating them by individual categories. Which palette will prove to be the best of the best?



ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS MODERN RENAISSANCE


This comes as no surprise, as it's one of my Holy Grail products. The formula of these eyeshadows is just superb. It takes awhile to hit pan too (I pat my brushes in the shadow, I am not a swirler) mostly because a little bit of shadow goes a long way. The shadows feel so buttery and smooth while the metallics are just so beautiful. This was a great starter palette for me when I started to venture out into more colorful and warmer toned shadows. They blend amazingly and compliment a variety of complexions. This palette is a must!

5 of my favorite shades: Tempra, Golden Ochre, Buon Fresco, Primavera, and Cyprus Umber
My most used shades: Tempra, Realgar, Golden Ochre, Buon Fresco, Primavera, Vermeer, and Cyprus Umber

Blendability: ★★★★★
Buildability: ★★★★★
Pigmentation: ★★★★★
Variety of Shades/Looks: ★★★★★
Beginner Friendly: ★★★★
Overall Rating: ★★★★★

Where to purchase this palette ⟶ anastasiabeverlyhills.com, sephora.com, or ulta.com

TARTE COSMETICS TARTELETTE IN BLOOM



Again, another Holy Grail and one of the best Tarte products they have! This palette is my go-to, my ride or die, my sun, my earth, my moon, my solar system. This palette is very sentimental to me as well. It was one of my first high end palettes. The Tartelette in Bloom Palette has served up my everyday looks, natural looks, simple glam looks, interview appropriate looks, yearbook photos, and so much more. This palette has been through a lot.

The shadows are very pretty, blendable, buildable, buttery, and so versatile. You can go from an interview to night-time, girl on the town vibes in a snap. The metallics are fantastic. I love to pair this palette with my glittery/metallic Colourpop Super Shock Shadows for a simple glam look. The Tartelette in Bloom Palette is perfect for traveling with it's ideal packaging and large mirror. The vanilla scent is also to die for. If you're a beginner in makeup, this palette is for you. If this is your first time splurging on a higher end palette, this is the palette for you. You can never be let down by this palette.

5 of my favorite shades: Charmer, Flower Child, Smarty Pants, Jetsetter, and Rocker
My most used shades: Charmer, Smarty Pants, and Jetsetter.

Blendability: ★★★★★
Buildability: ★★★★★
Pigmentation: ★★★★★
Variety of Shades/Looks: ★★★★★
Beginner Friendly: ★★★★★
Overall Rating: ★★★★★

Where to purchase this palette ⟶ tartecosmetics.com, sephora.com, or ulta.com


HUDA BEAUTY DESERT DUSK PALETTE



I love this palette. Yes, she is a little more esspensive, but I saved some cash when I purchased this baby. It was during the VIB sale at Sephora, so I got 15% off, and, I had a $25 gift card. I ended up spending $33 USD I believe when it was all said and done. The VIB Sale is coming up, starting 4/13 for Rouge Members, VIB and Insider Members sale begins 4/20 and ends 4/23.

The formula is drier but they still blend beautifully. With 5 different shadow textures, this palette offers so many different looks. The metallic shadows when wet are amazing and topping them with a shadow topper from the palette is just gorgeous. The shadows are blendable and buildable, making them not as intimidating for those just beginning in color. The purple/orangey/red tones are super cute and flattering and makes this your not-so-average warm tone palette. You can go simple, everyday glam to full blown, colorful, sparkly glam.

A glitter glue is recommended for the shadow toppers and the pure glitter shade, Cosmo. A cheap and inexpensive glue I like is from NYX. The Too Faced glitter glue also works well if you want to splurge. Glitter glue is very easy to work with if you've never used it before. YouTube tutorials can help you out if you don't know what to do.

5 of my favorite shades: Desert Sand, Musk, Twilight, Blood Moon, and Cashmere
My most used shades: Desert Sand, Musk, Amethyst, Amber, and Oud

Blendability: ★★★★★
Buildability: ★★★★★
Pigmentation: ★★★★★
Variety of Shades/Looks: ★★★★★
Beginner Friendly: ★★★
Overall Rating: ★★★★

Where to purchase this palette ⟶ shophudabeauty.com or sephora.com


MORPHE JACLYN HILL PALETTE


The Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette is everything because it has everything. It has your transition shades, highlight shades, your pops of color. From neutral, to dark a vampy, to bright and colorful, this palette is amazing for anyone and everyone. I know this is very popular palette for freelancing because it offers the rainbow and more.

The mattes are soft, I do sometimes have to spend more time blending with certain shades, but they do blend out beautifully. I talked about this palette as a good dupe for some of the tropical eyeshadow palettes that are already out or coming out. This palette can dupe so many other palettes because it's so versatile. It's beginner friendly and experienced MUA friendly. The metallics are beautiful when wet.

If you're also looking to splurge on a higher end palette, this is a great choice!

A reference chart of names for the JH x Morphe Palette

5 of my favorite shades: Creamsicle, Pooter, Firework, Buns, and Pool Party
My most used shades: Silk Creme, M.F.E.O,Faint,  Creamsicle, Butter, Pooter, Firework, Jacz, Buns, and Pool Party

Blendability: ★★★★
Buildability: ★★★★★
Pigmentation: ★★★★★
Variety of Shades/Looks: ★★★★★
Beginner Friendly: ★★★★★
Overall Rating: ★★★★★

Where to purchase this palette ⟶ morphe.com or ulta.com


HUDA BEAUTY OBSESSIONS PALETTES



Maybe the whopping price tag of $65 for the Desert Dusk Palette was not appealing. I don't blame you, that's why I waited to get the palette. But fear not, they make easy, to-go sized eyeshadow palettes. The one featured above is the Warm Obsessions Palette. I also have the Electric Obsessions Palette, which has all the beautiful bright and colorful shades.

The metallics in the palettes don't require a glitter glue, making it way more appealing to beginners. Just wet your brush and you're good to go. The mattes are similar in formula to the Desert Dusk Palette, drier but still blendable and buildable. It might not be the most versatile but it's nice, somewhat cheaper option, and it's great for people on the go. There are 4 palettes that are in this size that have different color formats.

3 of my favorite shades: the (only) metallic shade, the cream shade to the right of the metallic shade, and the sherbert orangey shade in the 3rd row
My most used shades: the cream shade, the taupe/brown color below the metallic shade, and the chocolate brown

Blendability: ★★★★
Buildability: ★★★★★
Pigmentation: ★★★★★
Variety of Shades/Looks: ★★★
Beginner Friendly: ★★★★★
Overall Rating: ★★★★

Where to purchase this palette ⟶ shophudabeauty.com or sephora.com


ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS SOFT GLAM



Maybe the Modern Renaissance Palette is too red/berry toned for your likings. It's understandable because some people think reds make them look sickly. Behold, the Soft Glam Palette is here. The pinky/orange shades are very soft (duh) and delicate looking. But you can also transform into a full nighttime glam type of look when you want to

To any makeup artist, this palette is amazing for bridal/prom looks. I'm going to repeat what I said but, it's soft but you can easily take a softer look to the next level if needed. The metallic shades are to die for. With a wet brush, they just paint onto the lid so flawlessly to add a little glitz.

The formula is very similar to the Modern Renaissance and do share some shades. The mattes are so soft, buttery, and beautiful. They blend out so well and I couldn't be more obsessed with this palette right now!

5 of my favorite shades: Glistening, Fairy, Sienna, Rose Pink, and Sultry
My most used shades: Fairy, Dusty Rose, Burnt Orange, Rose Pink, and Rustic

Blendability: ★★★★★
Buildability: ★★★★★
Pigmentation: ★★★★★
Variety of Shades/Looks: ★★★★★
Beginner Friendly: ★★★★★
Overall Rating: ★★★★★

Where to purchase this palette ⟶ anastasiabeverlyhills.com, ulta.com, or sephora.com


WET N WILD 10 PAN PALETTES



Wet N Wild really surprised me with these palettes. When I swatched those matte shades, I was shooketh right to my core. I never expected a drugstore palette to have mattes that felt better and softer than most high end palettes. The mattes are also very pigmented and easier to blend than I thought. The metallics in this work best wet but look beautiful.

You don't get a huge variety of looks with this palette, but it's a 10 pan palette, what do you expect? However, that doesn't matter because just like the 9 pan Huda Beauty Obsessions Palettes, there are other palettes to choose from.

And here's the best part, they're only $4.99 USD!

But wait, it gets better... welcome to Dupe City. These palettes can dupe so many high end palettes for a fraction of the price!

You can dupe the Modern Renaissance Palette with one of the Wet N Wild 10 Pan Palette in Rose In The Air. If you don't want to drop $42 USD on the Modern Renaissance Palette or can't afford it, this is a great dupe!

The Not A Basic Peach Palette (shown above) was mentioned in my last post because it's a great dupe for a lot of the newest eyeshadow palettes that have been dropping recently. The colors in the Not A Basic Peach Palette are super trendy for this summer and is worth picking up!

The Comfort Zone Palette has been thrown around as a dupe for the discontinued ABH x Mario Palette. They have a similar shade range between the two and if you missed out on the ABH x Mario Palette but still dig the shades, the Comfort Zone Palette from Wet N Wild is perfect!

The Nude Awakening Palette has been recommended as dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, as they both have very taupey neutral shades. I don't know about you, but spending $4.99 USD (and saving a trip to Ulta or Sephora) is way more appealing than spending $54 USD.


Blendability: ★★★★★
Buildability: ★★★★★
Pigmentation: ★★★★★
Variety of Shades/Looks: ★★★★
Beginner Friendly: ★★★★★
Overall Rating: ★★★★★

Where to purchase this palette ⟶ wetnwildbeauty.com, ulta.com, or your local drugstore




Be sure to subscribe to my blog, you will receive an email notification every time I post to my blog!
Instagram: @glammunition and @glammunition.lnl (and turn on post notifications so you never miss a post)
Facebook: @glammunitionn 


Question of the Post: What is your favorite eyeshadow palette?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sephora vs Ulta: Which Do I Prefer?

Read about my input as to which I prefer and why! Chances are, if you live by a Sephora, you live by an Ulta.  The two stores are quite similar when it comes down to what they offer: a wide option of makeup brands that vary in price to tailor to your needs. However, if you've been in both store before, you notice the obvious differences. LOCATION Starting off with location, Sephora's are typically in a mall (or at least every one I've been in is) and it's lethal to my bank account. My Sephora is located right across from the Starbucks and the Chick-fil-a in the center of the mall and it stares at me every time I walk by, and of course I walk in. There's only one Sephora in the Oklahoma City Metro, making it very crowded. I try to avoid the magnetic pull of Sephora when it's the weekend because my feet are always getting stepped on by people or getting rolled over by a baby stroller. It's inconvenient in my opinion and bothers me during my shoppin

My Thoughts: Beauty Reviews in the Beauty Community

I'll be discussing what I think about makeup reviews within the beauty community and my advice for product research! Makeup is truly a wonderful thing because one product doesn't work out well for one person but is another person's "holy grail" product. Once that person has a response to a product, some will review them (like me) to an audience on social media on whether it was good or not.  People do this to create a rating balance for a product because real people  want to know if a product is worth it or not. What I mean by "rating balance" is the ability to review every feature of a product from poor to exceptional fairly and getting an average star rating of it. People want to know if the quality is good, if the pigmentation is there, if it's travel friendly, so on and so forth.  My current makeup collection. I've researched numerous of reviews before purchasing the products I've bought! I think for some time, a lot of p

My Thoughts: Too Faced

Hear my thoughts on whether I think Too Faced is overdone with some of their products or is overdue for some new products! Too Faced is a widely known for their child-like makeup with chocolately and other candy-like scents that take you back to the days you used clear anything flavored Lip Smackers gloss as a little girl. Too Faced swiftly became famous for it's Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, as they blended beautifully into the skin and gave you a sunkissed glow while smelling delicious. The rest is history. Now we reflect on the very successful brand in present day. Chocolate Bar Palettes, Chocolate Bon Bon Palette, Melted Chocolate Lipsticks, Sweet Peach Palette, you name a food and the palette will probably smell like it. Certainly their iconic scents have reeled in a lot of consumers to buy their products because they offer something more unique than the rest of the brands out there. But let's talk about the products. The original Chocolate Bar Palette dropped in