Skip to main content

Tips and Tricks: DON'T THROW OUT YOUR MASCARA WANDS

Seriously, don't. Your empty mascara wands can help out in a big way! See how you can help out animals in need.


Shoutout to Twitter for showing me this honestly. Back in March of 2017, a Facebook page named "Love What Matters" posted about why we shouldn't throw out our old mascara wands, but instead donate them! This is amazing program is genius and who doesn't love to help out animals?

Appalachian Wildlife Refuge started a program called Wands for Wildlife that helps local wildlife get cleaned up. Essentially you can take old mascara tubes that have expired, gone dry, or have completely run out of, clean them up, and send them to the address they’ve provided. The benefits of getting the wands clean is for the Appalachian Wildlife Refuge to clean larvae and eggs out of animal’s fur.

The video of the little ducky getting brushed with the mascara wand is so CUTE, it makes me want to cry, but like happy tears.


The people at Appalachian Wildlife Refuge really do amazing things for the local wildlife and really would appreciate your help. It's as simple as donating clean mascara wands, donating items from their Wishlist, to making a donation.

If you are willing to make a donation of clean mascara wands or an item off their Wishlist, please make sure you ship it to the following address:
P.O. Box 1211
Skyland, NC, 28776

If you made a donation after reading this blog post, I'd love to hear from you! I love animals and I love makeup and mashing the two worlds together is amazing. I will definitely be donating when I get done with my mascaras!




Be sure to subscribe to my blog, you will receive an email notification every time I post to my blog!
Instagram: @glammunition and @glammunition.lnl (and turn on post notifications so you never miss a post)
Facebook: @glammunitionn 


Question of the Post: What were your favorite products of 2017?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sephora vs Ulta: Which Do I Prefer?

Read about my input as to which I prefer and why! Chances are, if you live by a Sephora, you live by an Ulta.  The two stores are quite similar when it comes down to what they offer: a wide option of makeup brands that vary in price to tailor to your needs. However, if you've been in both store before, you notice the obvious differences. LOCATION Starting off with location, Sephora's are typically in a mall (or at least every one I've been in is) and it's lethal to my bank account. My Sephora is located right across from the Starbucks and the Chick-fil-a in the center of the mall and it stares at me every time I walk by, and of course I walk in. There's only one Sephora in the Oklahoma City Metro, making it very crowded. I try to avoid the magnetic pull of Sephora when it's the weekend because my feet are always getting stepped on by people or getting rolled over by a baby stroller. It's inconvenient in my opinion and bothers me during my shoppin

My Thoughts: Beauty Reviews in the Beauty Community

I'll be discussing what I think about makeup reviews within the beauty community and my advice for product research! Makeup is truly a wonderful thing because one product doesn't work out well for one person but is another person's "holy grail" product. Once that person has a response to a product, some will review them (like me) to an audience on social media on whether it was good or not.  People do this to create a rating balance for a product because real people  want to know if a product is worth it or not. What I mean by "rating balance" is the ability to review every feature of a product from poor to exceptional fairly and getting an average star rating of it. People want to know if the quality is good, if the pigmentation is there, if it's travel friendly, so on and so forth.  My current makeup collection. I've researched numerous of reviews before purchasing the products I've bought! I think for some time, a lot of p

My Thoughts: Too Faced

Hear my thoughts on whether I think Too Faced is overdone with some of their products or is overdue for some new products! Too Faced is a widely known for their child-like makeup with chocolately and other candy-like scents that take you back to the days you used clear anything flavored Lip Smackers gloss as a little girl. Too Faced swiftly became famous for it's Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, as they blended beautifully into the skin and gave you a sunkissed glow while smelling delicious. The rest is history. Now we reflect on the very successful brand in present day. Chocolate Bar Palettes, Chocolate Bon Bon Palette, Melted Chocolate Lipsticks, Sweet Peach Palette, you name a food and the palette will probably smell like it. Certainly their iconic scents have reeled in a lot of consumers to buy their products because they offer something more unique than the rest of the brands out there. But let's talk about the products. The original Chocolate Bar Palette dropped in