Skip to main content

MUAs of the Month: August 2017

I will be highlighting some of the best MUAs with lots of potential and talent in this post and each month!


This month, I will be showcasing some of my favorite MUAs out there with lots of creativity and uniqueness that makes them stand out. Each of them are beautifully their own individual with their own style of makeup! Many people submitted for MUA of the Month (and I genuinely wish I could pick you all) but these four ladies stood out the most to me. If you want to enter for MUA of the Month for September, I will be posting instructions on how to enter at the end of the post. With that in mind, let's see who earned MUA of the Month for August!


Victoria Amos  //  Instagram: v.amosmakeup


Simplicity is key when it comes to Victoria's makeup skills. The intricacy and the colorfulness of her eye and lip looks make her stand out compared to others. Experienced, but still learning, she is making a name for herself on Instagram and has lots of potential on the horizon. She is so talented when it comes to eyeliner and color, and with a dash of glitter, her looks come to life on Instagram. One of her goals as a MUA is "to gain skills and to inspire others to try create new amazing makeup looks." She is definitely a rising star in the MUA community and is worth taking a look at!


Alysa  //  Instagram: lys_glitz  //  Blog: lysglitz.blogspot.com


Self-taught MUA, Alysa, is very bold and saturated with color. From natural glam to colorful eye looks, she can blend to absolute perfection! She is inspired by "watching all of the creations people can achieve with makeup.." and knowing that she is able to do that as well. With her outgoing eye looks, it would not shock me if she inspired others to play around with different eyeshadows and color combinations. She is stunning and she has a lot going for her. Bold people, like Alysa, are cherished in the MUA community for being daring, even if it's a natural eyelook. Definitely go check her out, as well as her amazing blog!


Gracie  //  Instagram: gracies_makeup


Young but talented, Gracie is killing it with her video tutorials on Instagram! One of her goals as a MUA is make makeup a side job and start her own YouTube channel. From talking about her favorite setting sprays to back-to-school makeup tutorials, she is so unique and talented in her own way. She does it all, reviews, swatches, tutorials, and aesthetic photos of her makeup. Gracie is very underrated, but shouldn't be, as she is honest and informative with her reviews on products. She is the ultimate multitasker MUA on Instagram and I love it because she provide lots of different kinds of content for her audience. She hold a lot of potential and deserves a YouTube channel!


Stefanie Ochoa  //  Instagram: stefanie8a  //  Snapchat: stefanie8a


Stefanie is definitely an inspiration for all of us out there who love eyeliner. She is so creative and so precise with eyeliner and it blows people out of the water. I love her talent and how innovative she is with the talent that she possesses! She is so colorful but can also rock a natural glam look. If you are not following her, you're missing out. She says she is inspired by all the love and feedback her devoted followers give her (and we can see why). I cannot stress enough at how amazing this lovely lady is at eyeliner and eye makeup. I recommend checking out her Instagram, showing her a bit of love, and a follow!


HOW TO ENTER FOR SEPTEMBER'S MUA OF THE MONTH

1.) Take the survey about yourself, read the rules of MUA of the Month, and answer truthfully

2.) Submit 2 or more photo entries to contactingmarianna@gmail.com

3.) Must be following @glammunition and @glammunition.lnl on Instagram!

Good luck MUAs!



Be sure to subscribe to my blog, you will receive an email notification every time I post to my blog!

Instagram: @glammunition (and turn on post notifications so you never miss a post)



Question of the Post: What is your current favorite makeup product?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sephora vs Ulta: Which Do I Prefer?

Read about my input as to which I prefer and why! Chances are, if you live by a Sephora, you live by an Ulta.  The two stores are quite similar when it comes down to what they offer: a wide option of makeup brands that vary in price to tailor to your needs. However, if you've been in both store before, you notice the obvious differences. LOCATION Starting off with location, Sephora's are typically in a mall (or at least every one I've been in is) and it's lethal to my bank account. My Sephora is located right across from the Starbucks and the Chick-fil-a in the center of the mall and it stares at me every time I walk by, and of course I walk in. There's only one Sephora in the Oklahoma City Metro, making it very crowded. I try to avoid the magnetic pull of Sephora when it's the weekend because my feet are always getting stepped on by people or getting rolled over by a baby stroller. It's inconvenient in my opinion and bothers me during my shoppin

My Thoughts: Beauty Reviews in the Beauty Community

I'll be discussing what I think about makeup reviews within the beauty community and my advice for product research! Makeup is truly a wonderful thing because one product doesn't work out well for one person but is another person's "holy grail" product. Once that person has a response to a product, some will review them (like me) to an audience on social media on whether it was good or not.  People do this to create a rating balance for a product because real people  want to know if a product is worth it or not. What I mean by "rating balance" is the ability to review every feature of a product from poor to exceptional fairly and getting an average star rating of it. People want to know if the quality is good, if the pigmentation is there, if it's travel friendly, so on and so forth.  My current makeup collection. I've researched numerous of reviews before purchasing the products I've bought! I think for some time, a lot of p

My Thoughts: Too Faced

Hear my thoughts on whether I think Too Faced is overdone with some of their products or is overdue for some new products! Too Faced is a widely known for their child-like makeup with chocolately and other candy-like scents that take you back to the days you used clear anything flavored Lip Smackers gloss as a little girl. Too Faced swiftly became famous for it's Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, as they blended beautifully into the skin and gave you a sunkissed glow while smelling delicious. The rest is history. Now we reflect on the very successful brand in present day. Chocolate Bar Palettes, Chocolate Bon Bon Palette, Melted Chocolate Lipsticks, Sweet Peach Palette, you name a food and the palette will probably smell like it. Certainly their iconic scents have reeled in a lot of consumers to buy their products because they offer something more unique than the rest of the brands out there. But let's talk about the products. The original Chocolate Bar Palette dropped in