Skip to main content

My Thoughts: Kylie Cosmetics Upcoming Products

Hear what I have to say about the upcoming December 13th launch at Kylie Cosmetics. Will I purchase or anti-haul it?


Tis the season for holiday collections! Kylie Cosmetics already launched her holiday collection earlier but she's still giving her cult followers her some holiday treats. On December 13th, she will be launching her Bullet Lipsticks ($17), Skin Concealers (price unknown right now), and 16 Luxury Brushes (individual prices vary, set costs $360) as part of her Silver Series. Usually my "My Thoughts" series is based around products/brands that I've already tried out, but this is going to be a little different. Stay tuned.


BULLET LIPSTICKS


IT'S ABOUT TIME MS. JENNER. I have an infinite love for bullet lipsticks and I've been anticipating for the day that this would happen. I still haven't tried her velvet formula yet (sad face) but I figured a lot of the popular shades will be silently restocked when these babies drop. I'm living at the fact that there are going to be 20 different shades to pick from. According to Kylie, these are going to be a very full coverage "one swipe" (from what she said on snapchat) cream lipstick formula. I love the packaging, I love how her logo is stamped into the lipstick, and I love all the diverse colors. I'm not mad about this launch.


SKIN CONCEALERS


Speaking of diverse colors, look at this. I never really thought of Kylie Cosmetics branching out into complexion products, kinda feels a little random. Honestly though, shoutout to Kylie for at least being so inclusive in her shade range. I know that women of darker complexion struggle in finding products that match their skin tone and their undertone. Sometimes, us pasty girls struggle with that too when brands don't provide many options. I hate brands that offer a "Fair, Light, Medium.." shade range. I have a neutral undertone and most concealers with neutral undertones look so dull and don't brighten my under eyes. I don't know if that's just a me thing or what but, I hate it. Anyways, I don't think I will be picking up this concealer until I hear some reviews on it. I never buy complexion products without reading reviews, swatching it, or being recommended it. We shall see with these.

Swatches of all 30 shades on Kylie Cosmetics Instagram


THE LUXURY BRUSHES 


Tea is about to get spilt, not spilled, but spilt. THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY DOLLARS FOR THE WHOLE SET? The "wot in tarnation" meme would be appropriate right now. I describe the price range of the these brushes as a step below the cost of an IT Cosmetics brush. However, I've missed out on an important question. What are these brushes made of? I don't think I ever saw or heard what type of fiber they were made of, correct me if I am wrong though. Let's get real, $360 USD is too steep for anyone who wants to actually pay rent and eat this month. Why did Kylie Cosmetics not do separate sets for eye brushes, face brushes, and the whole bundled set? I don't personally need 9 new face brushes but I am not about to fight the masses to purchase each eye brush individually. Buying all the face brushes individually would cost $248 USD, bundle the brushes and have it cost $210-220 USD. Sure it's not an ideal price but it's better than $360 USD. Purchasing all the eye brushes individually would be $130 USD; bundle it and set the price to be $100-110 USD.

When she announced the price of the bundle, I was shook. But it'd take long for BH Cosmetics to capitalize on my distraught..


So the question is, will I purchase it? Probably not. The set is a definite hell no. Maybe I'll try a brush, but for now, no. I like BH Cosmetics and I love their eyeshadow brushes and I'd rather get those shown above over the Kylie ones. I'm not opposed to the Kylie brushes, I am opposed to the price, especially because I don't get the luxury of PR. I WANNA EAT AND BUY OTHER MAKEUP KYLIE.


OVERALL

I am thrilled about the bullet lipsticks, it's about time. If I am willing to fight the masses on the 13th, I'd get some lipsticks. I'm still a little iffy on the concealers. I love the diversity of the shade range but I want to wait until I hear some reviews. Kylie's launch into complexion products feels a little random but I'm not opposed to it completely. But let's talk about those damn brushes..


The set costs way too much. You barely "save" any money with the set when comparing the prices of all the individual brushes together and the brush roll (don't forget tax and shipping). It's just a very unappealing price point that I personally cannot get behind. I really don't want to try fight the thousands of people online shopping to get a few brushes that actually peak my interest. Next time, do separate sets for face and eyes and include a full set for the people that are crazy enough to drop that kind of money. I don't think I will buy the brushes any time soon honestly.



Be sure to subscribe to my blog, you will receive an email notification every time I post to my blog!
Instagram: @glammunition and @glammunition.lnl (and turn on post notifications so you never miss a post)
Facebook: @glammunitionn 


Question of the Post: Are you going to purchase anything on the Dec. 13th launch day?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sephora vs Ulta: Which Do I Prefer?

Read about my input as to which I prefer and why! Chances are, if you live by a Sephora, you live by an Ulta.  The two stores are quite similar when it comes down to what they offer: a wide option of makeup brands that vary in price to tailor to your needs. However, if you've been in both store before, you notice the obvious differences. LOCATION Starting off with location, Sephora's are typically in a mall (or at least every one I've been in is) and it's lethal to my bank account. My Sephora is located right across from the Starbucks and the Chick-fil-a in the center of the mall and it stares at me every time I walk by, and of course I walk in. There's only one Sephora in the Oklahoma City Metro, making it very crowded. I try to avoid the magnetic pull of Sephora when it's the weekend because my feet are always getting stepped on by people or getting rolled over by a baby stroller. It's inconvenient in my opinion and bothers me during my shoppin

My Thoughts: Beauty Reviews in the Beauty Community

I'll be discussing what I think about makeup reviews within the beauty community and my advice for product research! Makeup is truly a wonderful thing because one product doesn't work out well for one person but is another person's "holy grail" product. Once that person has a response to a product, some will review them (like me) to an audience on social media on whether it was good or not.  People do this to create a rating balance for a product because real people  want to know if a product is worth it or not. What I mean by "rating balance" is the ability to review every feature of a product from poor to exceptional fairly and getting an average star rating of it. People want to know if the quality is good, if the pigmentation is there, if it's travel friendly, so on and so forth.  My current makeup collection. I've researched numerous of reviews before purchasing the products I've bought! I think for some time, a lot of p

My Thoughts: Too Faced

Hear my thoughts on whether I think Too Faced is overdone with some of their products or is overdue for some new products! Too Faced is a widely known for their child-like makeup with chocolately and other candy-like scents that take you back to the days you used clear anything flavored Lip Smackers gloss as a little girl. Too Faced swiftly became famous for it's Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, as they blended beautifully into the skin and gave you a sunkissed glow while smelling delicious. The rest is history. Now we reflect on the very successful brand in present day. Chocolate Bar Palettes, Chocolate Bon Bon Palette, Melted Chocolate Lipsticks, Sweet Peach Palette, you name a food and the palette will probably smell like it. Certainly their iconic scents have reeled in a lot of consumers to buy their products because they offer something more unique than the rest of the brands out there. But let's talk about the products. The original Chocolate Bar Palette dropped in