Skip to main content

Best Products: A Summary of 2017

2017 was quite a year for makeup! So many new launches, so much makeup to try out, and so many favorites. Hear what products I fell in love with this year!


I don't know about you, but I am not ready to constantly scribble out the number 7 for the next three months on any piece of paper that requires a date on it. However, I am ready for the adventure ahead in 2018. But I cannot checkout of 2017 without a raving about the products I fell in love with this year!


TARTE SHAPE TAPE



I wanted this concealer for months before I got it. When my birthday finally came around in July, I decided I'd treat myself. I got this in the shade Fair instead of Fair Neutral because I loved how brightening Fair was. I've been obsessed with this concealer! It conceals my my dark circles, it conceals my pimples, it conceals my life mistakes, it conceals my everything. This was one of my all time Holy Grail products but it's 100% understandable why. Tarte Shape Tape is like my fairy godmother of concealing.

"Bags? No more!" -Tarte Shape Tape 2017

L.A. GIRL PROCONCEAL


I got this concealer last month but it has sure gotten a lot of love from me! The applicator on this concealer is so convenient when I am in a rush. There's a decent amount of coverage and a variety of shades, making this one of my favorite concealers this year. I love this for cut creases, concealing, contouring, and so much more. It hasn't replaced my Tarte Shape Tape, but it does get lots of use from me! For $4.99 USD, this is amazing quality, making it one of my favorites this year.


TARTE PARK AVENUE PRINCESS CONTOUR PALETTE


I fell in LOVE with this palette in the month that I had it. These contour shades are so easy to blend, they melt into the skin so naturally, and don't look so oompa-loompa like on me. This palette is great for my pasty white self and my tanned up self. Lots of people are raving about this palette and it's 100% understandable why. I use it everyday to bronze up my face and contour, as well as chiseling and defining my contour. It's the perfect palette for me, making it another slam dunk from Tarte.


ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS SUGAR GLOW KIT



UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE. Honestly this is a fantastic palette for everyone to use. Just like the Tarte bronzing + contour palette, this is very versatile for, not just my varying complexion, but for all complexions. This nearly replaced my Colourpop Super Shock Highlights (which will be mentioned later) but it didn't. The only reason why it didn't is because I love to layer the both of them together for a natural glow or a bright, long-lasting glow. Mr. Glammunition's mother was looking for a good highlight and after wandering around the store like a Sephora employee, I summoned her to the Anastasia section as if I found the Holy Grail. She bought the palette and I've notice her wearing it several times. It's safe to say she loves it as well!

*Every Sephora employee watching me do their job for them*

COLOURPOP SUPER SHOCK HIGHLIGHTERS


In 2017, I discovered the Colourpop Super Shock formula and I was nothing less than blown away. The cream/putty to powder formula is unreal! I have the shades Flexitarian (top, more blinding) and Lunch Money (bottom, more natural) and I love the both. Lunch Money is great for full glam or natural makeup days. It's perfect to layer on the skin when I barely have any makeup and looks so stunning. I also loved layering a bit of Flexitarian on the high points of my cheekbone with Lunch Money underneath for the most beautiful glow. Lunch Money has gotten a lot of love and a lot of dog hair in it by accident. For the pasty gals, these two shades are perfect!


ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS BROW PRODUCTS


THESE BROW PRODUCTS SAVED MY EYEBROW LIFE. I was using the IT Cosmetics Build-A-Brow but it just wasn't working for me. I saw everyone and their sister raving about their brow products. Well, everybody, you were right. One product I forgot to include in this photo was the Benefit Gimme Brow, I love that stuff. All these products have saved me and made my brow game 10x better. It's pretty easy to say that Dipbrow was the most popular brow product for me this year..



COLOURPOP SUPER SHOCK GLITTER/METALLIC EYESHADOWS


THIS *clap* IS *clap* PERFECT *clap* FOR *clap* QUICK *clap* MAKEUP. I cannot stress this enough. In my review, these are great for a pop of color in the inner corner or for a cut crease. I love this for quick makeup in the morning for school or when I am in a rush to look nice for something. I love to pair this up with my Tartelette In Bloom Palette, using Smarty Pants and Jetsetter in the crease, and popping on one of these Super Shock Shadows on my lid. These are absolutely fantastic and I fell in love with these this year!


ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS MODERN RENAISSANCE PALETTE


I purchased this palette early in the year. Like January early. I was trying purchase it for myself for Christmas and I vividly remember never finding this palette in Sephora or Ulta because it was that popular. Another one of my all time Holy Grails, but it's just a beautiful palette. You can take it from day to night, it's pigmented, it's blendable, it's buttery, and the colors just compliment my blue eyes so perfectly. I always take it on vacation with me because it's such a reliable palette. Besides my Tartelette In Bloom Palette, this is one of my all time favorite eyeshadow palettes.


NYX ULTIMATE BRIGHTS EYESHADOW PALETTE


At the time, I was looking for a decent colorful eyeshadow palette that wasn't from Morphe. I didn't want to pay for shipping and I didn't want to wait for Morphe to randomly decide to restock their 35B Palette. I bought this palette and I am glad I did! There's a nice variety of shades to create so many different eye looks. I constantly kept reaching for this palette when I wanted some color on the eyes. It blends out so well, you can build the pigment up, you can sheer the pigment out. You can do anything you want with this palette and the best part, you can find it at your local drugstore!


URBAN DECAY HEAVY METAL EYELINER


I finally found an eyeliner for me! Why? Because I am the fool that can kinda do eyeliner. Benefits of glitter eyeliner: If the liner isn't crisp, doesn't matter, IT'S GLITTER! I love these for liner, a glittery pop in the inner corner, to paint on the inner third of my eye, and for fun eye looks. They're so pretty and are just so fun to wear out! Urban Decay nailed it with these babies!


MAKEUP FOREVER EXCESSIVE LASH MASCARA


In a surprising turn of events, I found a mascara that has a brush that isn't short or plastic that I actually like! I got a sample size of this mascara and I was shookth. It separates my lashes, but gives them a little more volume, and adds even more length to my lashes. I have very naturally long, thick, lashes and have always stuck to wands similar to Benefit's Roller Lash or Lancome's Grandiose Mascara (which I will forever and always love). But I got this in my Ipsy Bag and was blown away at how beautiful this mascara was on my lashes. I was so blown away that I bought the full size when it was on sale at Sephora a few weeks ago. Such an unexpected gem for me this year.


FENTY BEAUTY UNIVERSAL GLOSS BOMB


I just bought this like two weeks ago, but OH MY GOSH, this is so beautiful. It really is a universal gloss because I have seen so many beautiful women of different complexions rocking this gloss. I had been wanting to get this gloss since it first launched but I never did. I should've bought this sooner because I've been wearing this a lot since I purchased it. It gives off an nice plump, juicy, glossy lip look. A must for any lip lover!



COLOURPOP ULTRA SATIN LIQUID LIPSTICKS


In 2017, I introduced myself to the Colourpop Satin formula. These lipsticks are absolutely perfect for me because it dries down matte but doesn't dry out my lips completely. I've never been a fan of matte liquid lips but these are a great alternative to the matte formula. These are the 3 shades I own and they haven't given me any issues as far as patchiness, formula issues, pigmentation issues, so on. I love wearing them, they feel so comfortable, and they are so reasonably priced because they're Colourpop!


KAT VON D LOCK-IT SETTING SPRAY


I was fed up with my Urban Decay All Nighter Spray. I just didn't like the sprayer to it. I went around, asking what were some of the best setting sprays with a finer mist and I kept being told that this was a great setting spray. It provides longevity to my makeup and doesn't spit at me. There's not much else I could say, I just simply love this setting spray.




Be sure to subscribe to my blog, you will receive an email notification every time I post to my blog!
Instagram: @glammunition and @glammunition.lnl (and turn on post notifications so you never miss a post)
Facebook: @glammunitionn 


Question of the Post: What were your favorite products of 2017?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sephora vs Ulta: Which Do I Prefer?

Read about my input as to which I prefer and why! Chances are, if you live by a Sephora, you live by an Ulta.  The two stores are quite similar when it comes down to what they offer: a wide option of makeup brands that vary in price to tailor to your needs. However, if you've been in both store before, you notice the obvious differences. LOCATION Starting off with location, Sephora's are typically in a mall (or at least every one I've been in is) and it's lethal to my bank account. My Sephora is located right across from the Starbucks and the Chick-fil-a in the center of the mall and it stares at me every time I walk by, and of course I walk in. There's only one Sephora in the Oklahoma City Metro, making it very crowded. I try to avoid the magnetic pull of Sephora when it's the weekend because my feet are always getting stepped on by people or getting rolled over by a baby stroller. It's inconvenient in my opinion and bothers me during my shoppin

My Thoughts: Beauty Reviews in the Beauty Community

I'll be discussing what I think about makeup reviews within the beauty community and my advice for product research! Makeup is truly a wonderful thing because one product doesn't work out well for one person but is another person's "holy grail" product. Once that person has a response to a product, some will review them (like me) to an audience on social media on whether it was good or not.  People do this to create a rating balance for a product because real people  want to know if a product is worth it or not. What I mean by "rating balance" is the ability to review every feature of a product from poor to exceptional fairly and getting an average star rating of it. People want to know if the quality is good, if the pigmentation is there, if it's travel friendly, so on and so forth.  My current makeup collection. I've researched numerous of reviews before purchasing the products I've bought! I think for some time, a lot of p

My Thoughts: Too Faced

Hear my thoughts on whether I think Too Faced is overdone with some of their products or is overdue for some new products! Too Faced is a widely known for their child-like makeup with chocolately and other candy-like scents that take you back to the days you used clear anything flavored Lip Smackers gloss as a little girl. Too Faced swiftly became famous for it's Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, as they blended beautifully into the skin and gave you a sunkissed glow while smelling delicious. The rest is history. Now we reflect on the very successful brand in present day. Chocolate Bar Palettes, Chocolate Bon Bon Palette, Melted Chocolate Lipsticks, Sweet Peach Palette, you name a food and the palette will probably smell like it. Certainly their iconic scents have reeled in a lot of consumers to buy their products because they offer something more unique than the rest of the brands out there. But let's talk about the products. The original Chocolate Bar Palette dropped in