Skip to main content

My Thoughts: I Was WRONG

Lol, hi, I was all sorts of wrong about the Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation. Here's why!


Back, around probably like November, I starting writing a "Products I Hate" post. I was about to hit "publish" but then I stopped and thought "why don't I give these products a second chance?" So I did. Well, I still hated mostly everything when giving it a second chance, but there was something different about the Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation. I'm gonna go over everything about this foundation from first impressions of use, the problems, and my final thoughts on the product!

BEFORE WE START

My skin type: Normal to Combo
I typically get oily or dry around my nose area. My chin can get oily as well but doesn't dry up. My cheeks and my forehead are thankfully pretty smooth, they do breakout but it's not prone to do so and not common. My nose usually is the area where I breakout but it's usually hormonal.

Whether this foundation does or does not work for me might not be the same for you!


ABOUT THE FOUNDATION

According to Wet n Wild, the Photo Focus Foundation a "high-performing, breakthrough formula" that is supposed to be lightweight and prevent white cast in photographs. It has also been tested in 7 differently lightings with and without flash photography.

Many people have lots to say about this foundation on WetnWild.com...



 

and my favorite one honestly..


Thank you to Rhiannon for keeping it real, lol!


THE FIRST USE

The first time I used this foundation, I hated it. I didn't completely nix it the first use, I just thought it was a me problem when it came to application. I also remember hating the shade I got because I thought it looked too pink on me, but that might've been me being frustrated with the application and nitpicking.

When I used this foundation for the first time, I used the Too Faced Hangover Primer and a BareMinerals Smoothing Complexion brush (a stippling foundation brush). The brush made the foundation streaky looking and the primer made the foundation breakup all weird.

The Photo Focus Foundation and L.A. Girl ProConceal applied to the face with different a different primer
and application method. The Maybelline primer made my skin look a lot smoother combined
with the dampened sponge.
The Too Faced Hangover Primer with this foundation just didn't mesh well together. It just broke up and looked super streaky, making my skin look unnecessarily textured. I just hated how my skin looked and at the time, the Hangover primer was the only primer I owned.


FAST FORWARD

Recently, I purchased the Maybelline Baby Skin Primer to test out but it wasn't compatible with most of my water based foundations. I was looking through all of my foundations and had an insight moment. I was sitting in my beauty room, thinking about everything from application to base primer and just had an ah-ha moment. I then proceeded to do everything the opposite of what I did the first time, AND IT WORKED.


As you see in my comparison photo above, the silicone based primer was a perfect fit for this foundation. It made my skin look a lot smoother, especially combined with my Holy Grail Bye Bye Pores Setting Powder from IT Cosmetics.


RESULTS

Since I've made my discovery, I haven't been able to put down this foundation. Definitely works better with a dampened sponge instead of a brush for sure. I got 2 sample primers, the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and the Nars Smooth & Protect Primer, in my last Ulta order and I also tested those out with the foundation. Both of them worked very well and paired well with the foundation.

I just love the medium to full coverage this foundation provides, but it's not completely matte. It just looks and feels like second skin! It doesn't look cakey, it layers well, and has no flashback. I know, I am screaming too. Tati was right, this is a really good foundation, I should've never doubted her.





Be sure to subscribe to my blog, you will receive an email notification every time I post to my blog!


Instagram: @glammunition and @glammunition.lnl (and turn on post notifications so you never miss a post)
Facebook: @glammunitionn 


Question of the Post: Do you have the Photo Focus Foundation and if so, do you like it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sephora vs Ulta: Which Do I Prefer?

Read about my input as to which I prefer and why! Chances are, if you live by a Sephora, you live by an Ulta.  The two stores are quite similar when it comes down to what they offer: a wide option of makeup brands that vary in price to tailor to your needs. However, if you've been in both store before, you notice the obvious differences. LOCATION Starting off with location, Sephora's are typically in a mall (or at least every one I've been in is) and it's lethal to my bank account. My Sephora is located right across from the Starbucks and the Chick-fil-a in the center of the mall and it stares at me every time I walk by, and of course I walk in. There's only one Sephora in the Oklahoma City Metro, making it very crowded. I try to avoid the magnetic pull of Sephora when it's the weekend because my feet are always getting stepped on by people or getting rolled over by a baby stroller. It's inconvenient in my opinion and bothers me during my shoppin

My Thoughts: Beauty Reviews in the Beauty Community

I'll be discussing what I think about makeup reviews within the beauty community and my advice for product research! Makeup is truly a wonderful thing because one product doesn't work out well for one person but is another person's "holy grail" product. Once that person has a response to a product, some will review them (like me) to an audience on social media on whether it was good or not.  People do this to create a rating balance for a product because real people  want to know if a product is worth it or not. What I mean by "rating balance" is the ability to review every feature of a product from poor to exceptional fairly and getting an average star rating of it. People want to know if the quality is good, if the pigmentation is there, if it's travel friendly, so on and so forth.  My current makeup collection. I've researched numerous of reviews before purchasing the products I've bought! I think for some time, a lot of p

My Thoughts: Too Faced

Hear my thoughts on whether I think Too Faced is overdone with some of their products or is overdue for some new products! Too Faced is a widely known for their child-like makeup with chocolately and other candy-like scents that take you back to the days you used clear anything flavored Lip Smackers gloss as a little girl. Too Faced swiftly became famous for it's Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, as they blended beautifully into the skin and gave you a sunkissed glow while smelling delicious. The rest is history. Now we reflect on the very successful brand in present day. Chocolate Bar Palettes, Chocolate Bon Bon Palette, Melted Chocolate Lipsticks, Sweet Peach Palette, you name a food and the palette will probably smell like it. Certainly their iconic scents have reeled in a lot of consumers to buy their products because they offer something more unique than the rest of the brands out there. But let's talk about the products. The original Chocolate Bar Palette dropped in