Skip to main content

Trend Alert: Tropical Eyeshadow (AND SOME AMAZING DUPES)

Summer may not actually be here but it is when it comes to makeup! Take a peek at the latest eyeshadow trend for this summer!


It is definitely starting to feel like spring/summer here in Oklahoma and the eyeshadow trends are starting to match how it feels outside! The weather is changing and so are the eyeshadow trends, so let me tell you what's up. 

Tropical colors are in and honestly, I am here for it. Warm oranges, yellows, pinky reds, warm and neutral browns, golds, and the pops of blue are popping up everywhere. Don't believe me? Well let me show you...





There's plenty more I could show you but I believe you get the point. 

I've been rocking an eyeshadow look that I was inspired by Tati Westbrook did with the Natasha Denona Tropic Eyeshadow Palette. She used Pastel Melon, Fake Tan, Vintage Taupe, Exotic, Coco, and Limoncello and it looked gorgeous. However, the Natasha Denona Tropic Palette is $130 and that's a miss for me.

Yeah, I was obsessed with this look.. no shame though

So what did I do??? I looked for a cheaper palette to dupe that same exact look.


This look was created with a palette that (get this), only costs $5 at the drugstore! The Wet N Wild Not A Basic Peach Palette is a great dupe for Tati's eyelook. She has even raved about these exact Wet N Wild Palettes before on her YouTube Channel, which further encouraged me to purchase the palette. If you're really into the tropical eyeshadow trend, this palette is perfect and it won't break your bank!


I was blown away by the quality of these shadows and how blendable the matte shadows where. They are soft like butter and just blend so perfectly. I love to wet my brush and go in with that blue shade, gold shade, or red/orange shade to get a nice pop of color on the lid. 

Maybe you want more variety in a palette, and I don't blame you. Trend following might not be your thing and you don't want to buy one specific palette for a specific trend. Fear not, the Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette can come in clutch for you!

The palette has so much variety. You can take it from natural to colorful, subdued to bold, daytime to nighttime. It is the palette to do anything and everything. I was able to recreate Tati's look almost exactly thanks to this palette.

11/10 photo by yours truly

Sadly the sun went down and I didn't capture the greatest photo of my eye look but oh well. You get the gist of what I am trying to accomplish. This eye look definitely lasted longer (in terms of fading) than the Wet N Wild but it doesn't nix the Wet N Wild Palette out of the running at all. Both palettes look great on the eyes, it's a matter of personal preference.

I did really love the outcome of this look with the Jaclyn Hill Palette. For reference, here are the shadows I used to replicate Tati's look.


If you don't have a palette with all the exact shades, it never hurts to use multiple palettes. The shades in the Huda Beauty Electric and Warm Brown Obsessions Palettes together replicate the shades used almost exactly. Using shades out of a warm toned palette and getting yourself a Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Banana Daiquiri, Ibiza, Cusp, or Coconut (if you want a darker blue rather than a teal) on the lid using your finger can accomplish the same look. 

Spending a $130 is not always necessary when you can easily due the shades with Colourpop shadows or other eyeshadow palettes!

I like to pair these eyeshadow colors with more orangey toned lipsticks, or a little bit of an orange lipstick and the Fenty Glossbomb. I love to pair my BH Cosmetics Luxe Lacquer Lipstick in Abea (brown/pinkier nude) if I use more blushy oranges/reds in my crease. Subdued corals look nice as well to compliment the blue but not contrasting your crease shades too much.

If you are inspired by my post, feel free to tag me in your looks because I would love to see them!






Be sure to subscribe to my blog, you will receive an email notification every time I post to my blog!

Instagram: @glammunition and @glammunition.lnl (and turn on post notifications so you never miss a post)

Facebook: @glammunitionn 





Question of the Post: Are you on board the tropical eyeshadow trend?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sephora vs Ulta: Which Do I Prefer?

Read about my input as to which I prefer and why! Chances are, if you live by a Sephora, you live by an Ulta.  The two stores are quite similar when it comes down to what they offer: a wide option of makeup brands that vary in price to tailor to your needs. However, if you've been in both store before, you notice the obvious differences. LOCATION Starting off with location, Sephora's are typically in a mall (or at least every one I've been in is) and it's lethal to my bank account. My Sephora is located right across from the Starbucks and the Chick-fil-a in the center of the mall and it stares at me every time I walk by, and of course I walk in. There's only one Sephora in the Oklahoma City Metro, making it very crowded. I try to avoid the magnetic pull of Sephora when it's the weekend because my feet are always getting stepped on by people or getting rolled over by a baby stroller. It's inconvenient in my opinion and bothers me during my shoppin

My Thoughts: Beauty Reviews in the Beauty Community

I'll be discussing what I think about makeup reviews within the beauty community and my advice for product research! Makeup is truly a wonderful thing because one product doesn't work out well for one person but is another person's "holy grail" product. Once that person has a response to a product, some will review them (like me) to an audience on social media on whether it was good or not.  People do this to create a rating balance for a product because real people  want to know if a product is worth it or not. What I mean by "rating balance" is the ability to review every feature of a product from poor to exceptional fairly and getting an average star rating of it. People want to know if the quality is good, if the pigmentation is there, if it's travel friendly, so on and so forth.  My current makeup collection. I've researched numerous of reviews before purchasing the products I've bought! I think for some time, a lot of p

My Thoughts: Too Faced

Hear my thoughts on whether I think Too Faced is overdone with some of their products or is overdue for some new products! Too Faced is a widely known for their child-like makeup with chocolately and other candy-like scents that take you back to the days you used clear anything flavored Lip Smackers gloss as a little girl. Too Faced swiftly became famous for it's Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, as they blended beautifully into the skin and gave you a sunkissed glow while smelling delicious. The rest is history. Now we reflect on the very successful brand in present day. Chocolate Bar Palettes, Chocolate Bon Bon Palette, Melted Chocolate Lipsticks, Sweet Peach Palette, you name a food and the palette will probably smell like it. Certainly their iconic scents have reeled in a lot of consumers to buy their products because they offer something more unique than the rest of the brands out there. But let's talk about the products. The original Chocolate Bar Palette dropped in